Thursday, October 13, 2011

Troglodyte Experiment

Recently I have been reading the Shadowsea rules and campaign material and I thought it might be fun to make a lizardman-like creature – named a Troglodyte – from that genre.


The basic idea is to get the shape of the figure first, then worry about how to model all of the little details, either in wood, some other material, or simply with paint.


As shown in the pictures above, the figure is not completed, as it has no fingers, weapon, shield, and other little embellishments, like a lizard's crest.

The picture below shows the basic shapes that make up the figure.

  • Blue - the head is a split egg.
  • Red - the neck is a flat head plug.
  • Yellow - the body is a barrel bead.
  • Green - the segments of the arm are simple round dowels, connected with sewing pins.
  • Purple - the legs and hips are a micro shaker peg.
  • Pink - the base of the feet is a heart.
I carved the tail out of a craft stick and the toes are toothpicks. As this is an experiment, I may end up removing the heart shape and simply glue the toes and shaker peg directly to the base.

The figure below shows the size of the figure, in comparison with my 42mm figures that I normally make.


I hope to finish a few more of these – enough to make a warband for playing a Shadowsea game – as I think these figures and this scale is perfect for skirmish gaming, rather than mass gaming I originally envisioned.

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors

Followers

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Labels I Use in Posts