Sunday, September 17, 2017

Female Fighter/Paladin

Sorry, it's been a while since I've added anything to the blog.  I've been working on painting some of the miniatures from the Conan board game.

I did, however, finally finish this female fighter/paladin this morning before my work out.  She, and also a female wizard that hopefully will be finished in a week, have been on my painting table for a while.  Here are some pics of her.

I wanted to make her "two-fisted" instead of having a shield, so I gave her a sword and a mace.  I also was more detailed than normal with the armor.  Not just tile spacer shoulder pieces, but also tile spacer thigh guards.  The only paper on this miniature is the surcoat (yellow) and her cloak (light brown, visible in the next pictures).  The mace in her left hand is just a toothpick handle with a small round bead glued on top.  Everything else is done with paint.

Rear shot, nothing new with the cloak, I wanted to keep it simple though so that a person's eyes would be drawn to her armor, the coolest part of the miniature.

I like how she turned out and she adds a lot to the other female figures I've done as I don't really have a heavily armored female character yet.  She could certainly serve as a fighter in her plate mail, but could equally stand in as a paladin.

I hope to post the pic of the female magic-user within the next week.



2 comments:

  1. I really like the oval bead for the head and helmet. There are a lot of historical ancients that use that style helmet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, makes me think of the Mycenean helmets.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Followers

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Labels I Use in Posts